Aims & Objective:
Given the critical role that SBCC can play in achieving various programmes’ results and being cross-sectorial in nature, Malda District Administration realised the need for a platform under its direct oversight which can liaison and coordinate with various line departments and their flagship programmes for a systematic planning, and review of SBCC/ IEC activities of those different programmes and provide necessary technical support. In this regard, the District Administration issued a Memo (Memo No. 260/MDM; Dated 07/09/2015)officially establishing ‘Malda District Social and Behaviour Change Communication Cell(Malda Dist. SBCC Cell). The District Administration also assigned a senior Govt Official as the District SBCC Nodal Officer who would lead the functioning of the Cell.
- Stimulate the existing SBCC structures like youth clubs, Adolescent Groups, Village Volunteers, SHG members, religious leaders at the community level;
- Planning of IEC/BCC activities in close coordination with the flagship programmes;
- Extend technical support to the line departments in implementing IEC/BCC activities;
- Capacity development on IPC of the community level FLWs such as ICDS workers, ASHAs, including ShikshaBandhu and their supervisors;
- Coordination with the DICO/SDCIOs for best use of LPP programme throughout the district;
- Develop evidence based social norms on key behaviours;
# Social Mobilization during -6th Uttar Banga Utsav at Ramkrishnapally Primary School field from 23.01.17 to 24.01.17 through stall activity on various SBCC issues.
# 26th, 27th and 28th September 2016 at 9AM Integrated Development of the Educational Institution and Community Involvement.
# Gram Panchayat Level SBCC Training- 3rd Phase